Updated announcement from
MillerLung Dental Group:
NOTICE OF PHASE 3 REOPENING
As we slowly emerge from this insidious and formidable Covid-19 Pandemic, we are hopeful, yet cautious, on restarting our office and commence on the “new normal” of practicing dentistry. We are thankful for your patience and understanding in these most difficult times and we hope to make your upcoming visit feel safe, comfortable and stress free. We, like everyone else, are adapting to a new social world and hope that you will be tolerant and patient on the changes mandated by current events.
Our top priority is the health and well-being of our patients, families, staff and community. In this unprecedented time, we are deeply committed to keeping everyone safe.
To adhere to the Massachusetts Dental Society’s most recent recommendations, our office has begun to treat patients on a more regular basis, with some limitations.
In an abundance of caution, you will see some changes for your upcoming appointment. We ask that you follow these new rules to ensure the safety of you, our staff and the other patients:
- Please update your medical history form and Covid Screening form PRIOR to your appointment (Click on one of the links below). If you are unable to complete them, please call the office to verbally complete those forms. If you do not complete these forms, you cannot be treated.
- We will be asking you to please call us from the parking lot once you arrive at the office to check-in. We will then call or text you to come into the building when we are ready to see you. Please be on time, if you are late, we may need to reschedule your appointment.
- Everyone entering the building must be wearing a mask.
- We will take the temperature of every patient prior to entering our suite.
- At this time, we ask that only the patient be allowed in the operatory. (Parents, guardians, and translators will be asked to wait in the car, special arrangements can be made if necessary)
- You will also be asked to fill out a health questionnaire 48 hours after your appointment, either via text or email. Furthermore, you will be asked to contact us and your primary care physician if you develop Covid-19 symptoms within 14 days after your appointment.
- The doctors will no longer be checking patients during your hygiene (cleaning) appointments. We will institute a virtual exam (tele-dental exam) process to address this issue. Examinations and all your questions will be addressed at a separate scheduled appointment with the doctors.
- Due to the abundance of caution for you and all of us, there will be an additional surcharge for increased Personal Protective Equipment and to maintain the safest environment for care.
- If you are having a dental emergency, you need to call for an appointment. Walk-in emergencies are no longer allowed.
There is a risk of contracting the Coronavirus at the dental office, like any enclosed facility where social distancing is difficult. It is especially difficult in the health services and we are taking all necessary precautions to limit the spread of the disease. These new rules are to help keep everyone safe, so we implore you to be patient and comply with these efforts to help us treat you in the safest way possible.
These links will enable you to update your medical history information and to complete your Covid-19 pre-screening form:
Personal and Emergency Contact Information
It is now, more than ever, imperative to have the most up-to-date contact information. Please verify that your phone numbers, mailing address and email address that we have on file for you are correct.
Personal Protective Equipment Fee
As you are aware, the COVID-19 pandemic has changed how all healthcare facilities now use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and has increased the requirements for cleaning and protecting patients as well as caregivers due to the contagious nature of the virus. These new protocols include additional personal protective equipment such as N95 masks, face shields, protective gowns, HEPA air purifiers in each operatory, systematic disinfection of all areas including the waiting area and public restroom, and a monthly antibacterial/antiviral treatment applied to the entire office(See Zoono). Due to the worldwide shortage and rising inflation costs, a fee will be applied to each visit to help cover some of the PPE cost and new protocols that are necessary to maintain optimal safety in our office for you and our staff. We are told that some insurance companies may reimburse this fee, however, no decisions have been forthcoming at this time. We know that this is very unusual from our prior office policies, but we hope you understand that we are doing this in the best interest of our patients, staff and community as we move forward into the “new normal”.
We send out love, well wishes and warmest regards for everyone to stay healthy and strong.
MillerLung Dental Group
updated 07/31/2020 9:00am
Miller Lung Dental Group
Our multi-specialty group practice encompasses a full scope of general and cosmetic dentistry with expertise ranging from porcelain veneers to dental implants, crowns , bridges and more.We can now correct a wide variety of cosmetic dental problems, and can redesign your smile. General & Cosmetic Dentistry can give you a smile you’re happy to show off. Modern cosmetic dentistry techniques make it easier than ever for you to have a bright, even smile.
Dental implants are designed to provide a foundation for missing teeth that look, feel, and function like natural teeth. You can regain the ability to eat anything and smile with confidence. Dental implants will change your life. Discover the comfort and confidence to eat, speak, laugh and enjoy life. For more information about dental implants please call to schedule a consultation appointment.
We can create the smile you want with: